Location: United States - Virginia - Reston
Industry: Information Technology - Computer Software
Job Category: Information Technology - IT Project Management
The organization, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Cloud Architect for our IT department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
One of the most innovative education companies, the organization is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
As a Cloud Architect, within the Technology Strategy group, you will plan, architect, implement and standardize various aspects of the organizations cloud solutions, in support of various product and service offerings. You will focus on forward looking technology innovation and strategy for organizations application and data architecture, as a core contributor of the organizations Cloud Transformation initiative. You will take ownership of conceptualizing, developing, standardizing and driving the adoption of various cloud-based application and data management patterns across the various product and application delivery teams. In this context, you would have to be prepared to take on various roles, hands on as well as supervisory.
The Cloud Architect will maintain awareness and knowledge of the emerging trends in technology, and its usage within the industry, and will apply this learning in the establishment of new and innovative technology strategies to support organizations business needs. The architect will also establish related practices, standards, and guidelines and will provide architectural oversight and adoption support to solution delivery teams. The Cloud Architect will provide consulting and advisory services to product and application teams, operations and engineering teams to ensure that technical solutions are aligned with the technology strategy and enterprise architecture direction. This involvement would span the entire spectrum of the development cycle for the solution delivery of IT initiatives, including determination of technical requirements, analysis, architecture and design, implementation and strategies for operational support.
Succeeding as a Cloud Architect will require in-depth technical knowledge, experience and skills, necessary when building solutions to support a single technology or line of business, as well as breadth of knowledge in multiple technology areas, necessary when building and integrating solutions across multiple technologies and lines of business, in an enterprise environment.
In addition, successful candidates will be innovative thinkers and passionate in their pursuit of world class technology enabled business solutions. They will also be strong leaders, skilled communicators, and active partners, adept in interpreting and understanding the needs of the enterprise while translating those needs into technology architectures and solutions that are enduring and of high quality.
A typical day in the Technology Strategy group involves working across the organization to set the stage for delivery of business solutions, incorporating cloud-based solutions integrated with current application needs and set the future vision for IT.
This is an opportunity for you to design and implement high-quality solutions that enable product and service delivery in support of the orgnizations mission, strategy, goals, and objectives. You'll be surrounded by people who are like you; wickedly smart, passionate about the cloud, and know that the work that they are doing today supports the next generation of thought leaders and their future
BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field/equivalent experience
7+ years of experience developing, tuning and implementing large-scale, complex system architectures
Demonstrated professional competence in the principles and practices of Cloud architectures as they relate to:
o Familiarity with technologies and a demonstrated understanding of challenges posed by.
o Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring technical staff in the development and usage of cloud technology architectures and solutions
o Working knowledge of and experience with other enterprise domains (application, security, infrastructure data, etc.)
o Experience working in Agile/Lean development environment (SCRUM preferred)
o Excellent software development habits (unit tests, in-code documentation, etc.)
o Scrum Team Member attitude willingness to support the Team to be successful in any area necessary
o Experience in architecting solutions using Amazon Web Services for cloud-scale, high availability, reliability and security
o Coding solutions that are composed of Amazon Web Services offerings
o Communication of Cloud concepts to peers and customers
o Migration from on-premise databases (ex: Oracle) to AWS Cloud
o Migration to a micro-service based architecture
o Design of mobile platforms
o Assessing the adequacy of technology controls and security measures
o Service Oriented Architecture
o Design of Continuous Delivery pipelines and the tools used to deliver solutions (SVN, GIT, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, Concourse, Salt, AWS Code Deploy, Docker, etc.)
Demonstrated experience translating business and technical requirements into comprehensive technical strategies and solutions.
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good customer working relationships.
Demonstrated ability to architect and model mission critical solutions leveraging multiple DBMS technologies (Relational, Big Data, NoSQL)
Working knowledge of Big Data technologies, HADOOP, NOSQL, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark
Working knowledge of networks, storage systems and computing platforms including WebLogic, Oracle, Linux, Unix, Windows.
Demonstrated ability to adequately plan and meet delivery objectives and maintain adequate service levels in a highly dynamic, complex environment.
Superior written and oral communication skills; ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong consultative skills
Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
Lifelong Learner what is learned today will be obsolete tomorrow; demonstrated continuous learning
More about you
Responsible - assume ownership of all aspects including delivering value via outcomes and continuous improvement
Methodical manages efforts with purpose and approach to ensure delivery of quality solutions
Disciplined manage work according to plan; variables are isolated and controlled
Innovative employ creativity to devise effective and efficient testing strategies
Demonstrated critical thinking - including abilities in analysis and problem-solving
Experienced in Systems Thinking breaks problems into manageable pieces, how the pieces interact, and when assembled, create an integrated, functioning, whole system.
Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities
Skilful at facilitation and negotiation
Effective team player with strong emotional intelligence self-awareness, confidence, ability to manage conflict, and empathy
Ability to effectively respond to questions and issues i.e., effective in communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences at all levels in the organization
Passion for technology, with an ability to understand and assess new technologies, and their potential applicability to business needs in an efficient, effective manner.
The organization offers employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and on-going professional development and training.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary Competitive
Full-time Benefits - Full
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
You’ll be working across the entire system architecture and be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining restful APIs, microservices and databases. You will be responsible for implementing full-stack features and collaborate with the analysts, testers, and fellow developers to plan each sprint.
The cloud-based platform and open API will enable end users to benefit from a beautiful user interface with a state-of-the-art, dynamic and intuitive navigation to build a large community of users allowing them to search and manage research literature, collaborate, and publish own work. This will in part contribute to providing the end users with informative analytics and the best possible recommendations of relevant research literature, conferences, collaboration partners, and more.
To deliver excellent solutions, you should be able to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team in an agile environment.
- Visa sponsorship and paid relocation
- International, agile and fun team to work with!
- Flexible vacation possibilities
- 1 week free for charity work sponsored by Knowledge E Foundation
- Regular team events & joint after-work activities
- Select your own awesome hardware
- Worrying free compensation package
Minimum Job Qualifications
- BS in computer science or equivalent
- Strong experience with TDD
- Comfortable learning new technologies and tools
- Previous experience with different Node.js frameworks like ExpressJS and Loopback
- Previous experience with Docker architecture
- Previous experience with microservice-oriented architecture
- Previous experience with restful APIs
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with client-side frameworks such as React, Vue, etc.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, JSON, XML
- At least 5 years of software development experience in Node.js, including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment
- Experience in Machine Learning and AI
Company Industry: IT & Technology including Internet/E-Commerce
Country of Employment
United Arab Emirates
City of Employment
Minimum Approx. Monthly Salary (USD)$3000
Maximum Approx. Monthly Salary (USD)$6000
Spoken Languages Requirement - EnglishMinimum
Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree / Higher Diploma
Employment Type - Full-TimeAgreed to relocate
Candidate from outside the Country - Yes
- How many years of Node.js, including coding, testing, troubleshooting experience do you have?
- How many years of restful APIs experience do you have?
- How many years of HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, JSON, XML experience do you have?
- How many years of Docker architecture experience do you have?
- How many years of previous new technologies and tools experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you in Dubai?
- Do you speak Proficient English (Must)?
- How many years of Machine Learning and AI (bonus) experience do you have?
£30K to £55K pa
Permanent Full-time role
WHY THIS IS AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY
By now, no one doubts that e-commerce is and will be growing significantly in the near future. This growth is driven by small and medium sized businesses, with sales growing at 18% and 28% per year, respectively between 2009-2017. In the UK alone there are 200,000 small and medium e-commerce entrepreneurs, and we believe this number will be much higher in the future.
For a new e-commerce entrepreneur, It has never been easier to launch an online business:
- Never been easier to set up an e-commerce website, with the help of Shopify, Squarespace, WooCommerce, etc.
- Never been easier to get clients, by either using customer acquisition platforms, or partnering with marketplaces such as Amazon, Ebay, etc.
- But when it comes to e-commerce logistics, things are not easy at all
- If you do it yourself, you are in for a very difficult and expensive journey: CAPEX, managing people, not achieving economies of scale, to mention some.
- If you outsource your e-comm logistics, you will find that the current providers of e-commerce logistics do not provide a great experience
It is clear to us that these SMEs are trying to maximise their sales, and that not having the right e-commerce logistics solution is a barrier to achieve a multichannel approach.
This is why we created the platform. Because we believe that we can make a difference to these companies: The platform is a one-stop-shop solution for e-commerce logistics, where we make it super easy for sellers to manage their logistics and eliminate the hassle of storage, fulfilment, last mile delivery and returns, ultimately reducing their operational complexity and logistics costs. By outsourcing their logistics to us, they can focus on growing their business.
Logistics is a very old industry, but e-commerce logistics is relatively new. We operate in a new category we like to coin Fulfilment-as-a-Service (FAAS). We envision an interconnected world, where technology will allow companies like us to create a living, ever-changing logistics network, where products will reach their end destination in a more efficient and sustainable way. A network where we can design for our clients specific supply chains that are specific to their needs, without the need of extensive capital investments.
And we want to do this by connecting all the existing logistic supplies in the market (initially UK but soon in Europe and beyond). Our platform allows small and medium businesses to be able to scale their business not only locally but globally, reducing their operational complexity and achieving efficiency gains that are translated into lower costs. A smarter way of doing logistics.
GROWTH MANAGER ROLE
Please read the job description below carefully. We are ONLY looking for candidates that have relevant experience in a similar role at either a tech corporate or a tech start-up.
This role will be responsible for managing the inbound sales and marketing effort of our business. What does this mean? You will be:
- Managing all the existing inbound marketing channels, creating new ones.
- Develop strategic acquisition and retention marketing plans to drive growth and maximize immediate and long-term ROI
- Lead campaigns end-to-end from conception to defining objectives, execution, tracking, and reporting
- Working with our Ad agency to create new campaigns and manage their performance
- Day-to-day management of online and offline campaigns across channels including (but not limited to): paid
- Social, paid search, content, organic, referral, email, direct mail, affiliate, and video
- Continuously test and optimize new channels, audiences, bidding strategies, visual creative, and copy
- Lead overall site conversion rate optimization and develop and optimize landing page strategy
- Monitor, analyze, and report on KPIs to ensure marketing initiatives are driving profitable acquisition
- Use web analytics and business intelligence tools such as Google Analytics and internal dashboards to better understand our potential customers and exploit those insights in marketing campaigns
- Coordinate and execute the Content strategy for our business
- Be responsible for the qualification of all our inbound leads
- Booking sales meeting for the qualified leads
- Champion metrics-driven analysis and decision-making throughout the organization
We believe inbound marketing and sales are and will be key to our growth plans. The above responsibilities will only be the beginning of your journey with us – we have very ambitious plans for the future and you will be a key member of our team.
We have a strong vision: Vision is to deliver happiness. Happiness to everyone that is involved in our ecosystem: the team, our clients, their end customers and finally our suppliers.
With a clear and purposeful mission: to help small and medium e-commerce businesses grow, by giving them access to the services, scalability and prices that were reserved until now only to big companies with big budgets. We also want do it in a more sustainable way to protect the environment while enjoying the benefits that e-commerce can give us – our intention is to develop a carbon neutral business
Opportunity to learn from an experienced founding team: We are two business partners and friends who have extensive experience in the last mile logistics industry, successfully leading teams and scaling businesses to significant sizes. Our expertise in e-commerce, the gig economy and last mile delivery industry allowed us to have a clear understanding on how to build the platform in a very complex environment
Diego built the business development and logistics functions at Just Eat Plc (food delivery, FTSE 100), where he was responsible for building relationships with the global branded restaurant groups, and also in charge of designing and building the UK delivery operations. Before Just Eat, Diego founded and ran a hospitality business Bacanal and worked at UBS Investment Bank.
Vernon was the Director of Amazon Flex in the UK (part of Amazon’s Last Mile Product & Technology team), a crowd sourced last mile delivery solution for Amazon deliveries, and Vernon was also part of the Leadership Team of Amazon Logistics in the UK. Prior to that, Vernon worked at Zipcar, Bain & Company and JPMorgan.
Being part of a company that is building cutting edge technology: we are developing technology that will allow us to connect the platform Fulfilment Network using artificial intelligence and machine learning. We have been awarded a grant from the UK government to develop this technology, in partnership with the University of Liverpool.
IS THIS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU? – READ CAREFULLY
Our values are a set of beliefs that we try to instil in our business and people. We think these values will allow our company to grow faster, and attract the right people to be part of this journey. If you feel you identify with them, and you think you can be a superstar, please contact us now!
Good Karma: Doing things with kindness and generosity. Always striving to do the right thing, respecting each other.
Tribe: together is better. We want to create a collaborative environment where you can thrive, where people can achieve their full potential and a place where both the successes and failures are shared.
Powerful drive: Creating an environment where you can aim high and be bold. A place where taking (measured) risks is always encouraged. A place that you can think and act like an owner
Radical transparency: we believe in being transparent, in giving instant (constructive) feedback. Everything that happens in the business is known to the team and we expect the team to always be transparent with each other. We are constantly sharing information and making it available for people to understand our direction and goals.
Apply if you are someone that:
- Gets excited about the adventure of a start-up and wants to build a world class billion dollar business.
- Enjoys transforming industries, and changing the way businesses and consumers think about delivering and receiving e-commerce orders.
- Are hands on, solves problems, and gets his or her hands dirty in the execution.
- Is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Like to take a data-driven approach to solve complex problems and programs.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation including Equity options
- Great vibes
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR - REQUIREMENTS
As I said previously, only apply if you read the above and you have relevant and proven experience.
· Direct, growth-focused experience in digital marketing, B2B SaaS and start-up experience
· Experience building a comprehensive digital marketing strategy from the ground up
· Proven success managing online marketing programs with CPC, CPA, and CPM cost models on Google, Facebook, Instagram, and content sites
· Thorough understanding of various online and offline marketing funnels
· Experience managing organic acquisition, including SEO and CRO
· Excellent English speaking and writing skills (this is a must)
Advanced Excel skills
· Someone who is not afraid of picking up the phone and calling prospects
· Highly analytical, with proven experience in using data to analyse situations and make decisions
· Experience working cross-functionally with different stakeholders, including product, engineering, operations, marketing, and business leaders to enable fast decision-making and execution
Reference ID: 2dgrs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
- City Road, London EC1Y 1AT, UK
- GBP 26,000.00 to GBP 29,000.00
- Management & Operations role within the Media industry
WHO ARE WE?
The live streaming company is the global leader in premium video streaming distribution for live and on-demand content across the entertainment and sports industries. With complete and cutting-edge video streaming offerings, they enable their clients to deliver their content in the highest quality on any device with the industry’s deepest feature set. As a trusted partner to the world’s largest brands including the NBA, NFL, WWE, UFC, BT Sport, Rogers, Univision, EFL and others, they fundamentally understand both the value of their clients’ content and the most effective ways to deliver best-in-class innovations to the viewer experience.
The company brings a unique combination of the latest cloud-enabled technologies and years of streaming experience at scale. They specialise in removing technology as a barrier, helping their clients to grow their audience and maximise revenue in the increasingly digital media marketplace.
Working at the company is fast-paced, fun and challenging, defined by an intense focus on innovation. They work harder and smarter than anyone else, because they are passionate and believe in the products and services they offer. As part of their network, they also offer a host of integration opportunities with their broad range of businesses, as well as social impact programs and other culture-building initiatives.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
They are looking for a full-time Level 2 Support Specialist to join their L2 Support group. The team provides support across a range of issues from live events to platform configuration. Due to the nature of our business being 24/7/365, there will be varied working hours, including weekends and bank holidays.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Work through internal/external streaming, VOD and general queries effectively.
Provide fast and accurate diagnosis of escalated video and audio issues
Provide guidance on technical issues experienced by clients and internal stake holders
Document our runbooks for LION and DICE production services and associated processes.
Assist with issues on clients LIVE and VOD content
Taking down illegal streams reported internally or externally
Assist in keeping high overall uptime of streaming equipment and linear channels in AMER, EMEA and APAC
Identify and implement remedial actions post incidents including relaying status updates to wider internal stakeholders. Identify and escalate possible code issues across all supported platforms
Assist with testing and training during client onboarding
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of streaming of OTT video and audio delivery including codecs, frame rate, bitrate, and resolution settings Understanding of content ingestion workflows and CMS
- Experience with web technology, database, computer networking a plus
- Good knowledge of APIs and how they work
- Knowledge of CDN (Content delivery network)
- Problem determination and analytical skills critical to success
- Time management and high attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in a clear and easy to understand manner.
THIS ROLE SUITS YOU
If you are eager to learn
Proactive in your working environment
Able to juggle multiple tasks at any one time
Able to explain technical concepts in a clear and easy to understand manner. Passionate about online Digital media
- How many years of Knowledge of streaming of OTT video and audio delivery experience do you have?
- How many years of codecs, frame rate, bitrate, and resolution settings experience do you have?
- How many years of Understanding of content ingestion workflows and CMS experience do you have?
- How many years of Web technology, database, computer networking a plus experience do you have?
- How many years of Good knowledge of APIs and how they work experience do you have?
- How many years of Knowledge of CDN (Content delivery network) experience do you have?
- How many years of LIVE and VOD content experience do you have?
- Are you in London, Greater London?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: legal to work in the UK?
- Do you speak Proficient English (Must)?
- Which shifts are you available to work?