- London, UK
- GBP 50,000.00 to GBP 75,000.00
- Management & Operations role within the Automotive & Transportation industry
The company is transforming auto insurance claims, committed to providing superior, digital road crash management services to drivers on a global basis.
Increasing driver safety, improving wellbeing and peace of mind, and supporting their mobility and vehicle repair/replacement needs following what can be a traumatic event, we are working across the auto manufacturer, telematics and insurance industries.
They are a mid-stage start-up (pre-series A) backed by leading European VCs, with a great pipeline of partnerships looking to integrate our value proposition into their business model. They are looking for people with a passion for what they do, keen to join them as they scale.
They started to move from Proof of Concept into full deployment of their services in the UK, they are looking for a claims professional with a deep experience of the UK auto insurance claims market at both an operational and strategic level, and who has the ambition to take the lead on building a best of breed claims management operation which delivers the company’s digital and voice experience.
The Head of UK Claims – Crash Management Services, will lead the claims management operation, delivering an enhanced post-crash experience for the end user and revenue for the auto manufacturer / telematics customer, through shared savings in claims processing costs with auto insurers; optimum use of the auto manufacturer’s certified repair shops; and increased customer retention / vehicle total loss replacement.
The individual must display the autonomy necessary to take the initiative on setting and implementing a vision for what constitutes best in breed, and who is willing to take responsibility for defining, implementing and managing the operation as the company grows.
- Develop in conjunction with the senior management team, and then
implement strategy for the handling of auto insurance claims for all UK
- Provide strategic leadership as well as technical and management
expertise and experience, working collaboratively with the senior management
team, product team and technical team Lead and manage claims in the delivery of
agreed performance measures for cost management, operational efficiency and
- Deliver claims business to budget and associated operational
metrics, with appropriate trajectory for future years
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant regulatory bodies and
industry protocols, including the Financial Conduct Authority
- Represent the company on key market bodies as appropriate
- Broad understanding of the UK auto insurance industry and expertise in auto claims functions and crash (accident) management across personal and commercial lines
- Deep expertise of credit hire and credit repair processes,
legislation and market developments
Ability to deliver rapid business transformation and solutions
- Track record of delivering to time and to high standards with
excellent risk management disciplines
- Appreciation of user-centric crash management journey with an open
minded and challenging approach to how best to deliver it
- Well-rounded team player, who is equally comfortable contributing to overall business strategy, explaining decision making and undertaking all work items as required, including claims handling
- Understanding of the automotive industry / an interest in Connected Car technology
- Knowledge of Lean Start-up methods and Agile design
- Ability to operate in fast growth / rapid delivery environments
Experience / Qualifications
- 3+ years working as a Claims Manager, ideally at a composite
insurer or specialist insurance operation
- 3+ years handling auto insurance claims, ideally first party and third party across personal and commercial lines
- Chartered Insurance Institute Diploma (Dip CII) or Advanced Diploma (ACII) Qualified
£50k-£75k Depending on experience
- How many years of automotive industry / an interest in Connected Car tech experience do you have?
- How many years of Knowledge of Lean Start-up methods and Agile design experience do you have?
- How many years of operate in fast growth / rapid delivery environments experience do you have?
- How many years of Insurance Claims Manager experience do you have?
- How many years of first party & third party across personal & commercial experience do you have?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Dip CII or ACll?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: legal to work in the UK?
- Are you in London, Greater London?
- Do you speak Proficient English (Must)?