£30K to £55K pa
Permanent Full-time role
WHY THIS IS AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY
By now, no one doubts that e-commerce is and will be growing significantly in the near future. This growth is driven by small and medium sized businesses, with sales growing at 18% and 28% per year, respectively between 2009-2017. In the UK alone there are 200,000 small and medium e-commerce entrepreneurs, and we believe this number will be much higher in the future.
For a new e-commerce entrepreneur, It has never been easier to launch an online business:
- Never been easier to set up an e-commerce website, with the help of Shopify, Squarespace, WooCommerce, etc.
- Never been easier to get clients, by either using customer acquisition platforms, or partnering with marketplaces such as Amazon, Ebay, etc.
- But when it comes to e-commerce logistics, things are not easy at all
- If you do it yourself, you are in for a very difficult and expensive journey: CAPEX, managing people, not achieving economies of scale, to mention some.
- If you outsource your e-comm logistics, you will find that the current providers of e-commerce logistics do not provide a great experience
It is clear to us that these SMEs are trying to maximise their sales, and that not having the right e-commerce logistics solution is a barrier to achieve a multichannel approach.
This is why we created the platform. Because we believe that we can make a difference to these companies: The platform is a one-stop-shop solution for e-commerce logistics, where we make it super easy for sellers to manage their logistics and eliminate the hassle of storage, fulfilment, last mile delivery and returns, ultimately reducing their operational complexity and logistics costs. By outsourcing their logistics to us, they can focus on growing their business.
Logistics is a very old industry, but e-commerce logistics is relatively new. We operate in a new category we like to coin Fulfilment-as-a-Service (FAAS). We envision an interconnected world, where technology will allow companies like us to create a living, ever-changing logistics network, where products will reach their end destination in a more efficient and sustainable way. A network where we can design for our clients specific supply chains that are specific to their needs, without the need of extensive capital investments.
And we want to do this by connecting all the existing logistic supplies in the market (initially UK but soon in Europe and beyond). Our platform allows small and medium businesses to be able to scale their business not only locally but globally, reducing their operational complexity and achieving efficiency gains that are translated into lower costs. A smarter way of doing logistics.
GROWTH MANAGER ROLE
Please read the job description below carefully. We are ONLY looking for candidates that have relevant experience in a similar role at either a tech corporate or a tech start-up.
This role will be responsible for managing the inbound sales and marketing effort of our business. What does this mean? You will be:
- Managing all the existing inbound marketing channels, creating new ones.
- Develop strategic acquisition and retention marketing plans to drive growth and maximize immediate and long-term ROI
- Lead campaigns end-to-end from conception to defining objectives, execution, tracking, and reporting
- Working with our Ad agency to create new campaigns and manage their performance
- Day-to-day management of online and offline campaigns across channels including (but not limited to): paid
- Social, paid search, content, organic, referral, email, direct mail, affiliate, and video
- Continuously test and optimize new channels, audiences, bidding strategies, visual creative, and copy
- Lead overall site conversion rate optimization and develop and optimize landing page strategy
- Monitor, analyze, and report on KPIs to ensure marketing initiatives are driving profitable acquisition
- Use web analytics and business intelligence tools such as Google Analytics and internal dashboards to better understand our potential customers and exploit those insights in marketing campaigns
- Coordinate and execute the Content strategy for our business
- Be responsible for the qualification of all our inbound leads
- Booking sales meeting for the qualified leads
- Champion metrics-driven analysis and decision-making throughout the organization
We believe inbound marketing and sales are and will be key to our growth plans. The above responsibilities will only be the beginning of your journey with us – we have very ambitious plans for the future and you will be a key member of our team.
We have a strong vision: Vision is to deliver happiness. Happiness to everyone that is involved in our ecosystem: the team, our clients, their end customers and finally our suppliers.
With a clear and purposeful mission: to help small and medium e-commerce businesses grow, by giving them access to the services, scalability and prices that were reserved until now only to big companies with big budgets. We also want do it in a more sustainable way to protect the environment while enjoying the benefits that e-commerce can give us – our intention is to develop a carbon neutral business
Opportunity to learn from an experienced founding team: We are two business partners and friends who have extensive experience in the last mile logistics industry, successfully leading teams and scaling businesses to significant sizes. Our expertise in e-commerce, the gig economy and last mile delivery industry allowed us to have a clear understanding on how to build the platform in a very complex environment
Diego built the business development and logistics functions at Just Eat Plc (food delivery, FTSE 100), where he was responsible for building relationships with the global branded restaurant groups, and also in charge of designing and building the UK delivery operations. Before Just Eat, Diego founded and ran a hospitality business Bacanal and worked at UBS Investment Bank.
Vernon was the Director of Amazon Flex in the UK (part of Amazon’s Last Mile Product & Technology team), a crowd sourced last mile delivery solution for Amazon deliveries, and Vernon was also part of the Leadership Team of Amazon Logistics in the UK. Prior to that, Vernon worked at Zipcar, Bain & Company and JPMorgan.
Being part of a company that is building cutting edge technology: we are developing technology that will allow us to connect the platform Fulfilment Network using artificial intelligence and machine learning. We have been awarded a grant from the UK government to develop this technology, in partnership with the University of Liverpool.
IS THIS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU? – READ CAREFULLY
Our values are a set of beliefs that we try to instil in our business and people. We think these values will allow our company to grow faster, and attract the right people to be part of this journey. If you feel you identify with them, and you think you can be a superstar, please contact us now!
Good Karma: Doing things with kindness and generosity. Always striving to do the right thing, respecting each other.
Tribe: together is better. We want to create a collaborative environment where you can thrive, where people can achieve their full potential and a place where both the successes and failures are shared.
Powerful drive: Creating an environment where you can aim high and be bold. A place where taking (measured) risks is always encouraged. A place that you can think and act like an owner
Radical transparency: we believe in being transparent, in giving instant (constructive) feedback. Everything that happens in the business is known to the team and we expect the team to always be transparent with each other. We are constantly sharing information and making it available for people to understand our direction and goals.
Apply if you are someone that:
- Gets excited about the adventure of a start-up and wants to build a world class billion dollar business.
- Enjoys transforming industries, and changing the way businesses and consumers think about delivering and receiving e-commerce orders.
- Are hands on, solves problems, and gets his or her hands dirty in the execution.
- Is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Like to take a data-driven approach to solve complex problems and programs.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation including Equity options
- Great vibes
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR – REQUIREMENTS
As I said previously, only apply if you read the above and you have relevant and proven experience.
· Direct, growth-focused experience in digital marketing, B2B SaaS and start-up experience
· Experience building a comprehensive digital marketing strategy from the ground up
· Proven success managing online marketing programs with CPC, CPA, and CPM cost models on Google, Facebook, Instagram, and content sites
· Thorough understanding of various online and offline marketing funnels
· Experience managing organic acquisition, including SEO and CRO
· Excellent English speaking and writing skills (this is a must)
Advanced Excel skills
· Someone who is not afraid of picking up the phone and calling prospects
· Highly analytical, with proven experience in using data to analyse situations and make decisions
· Experience working cross-functionally with different stakeholders, including product, engineering, operations, marketing, and business leaders to enable fast decision-making and execution
Reference ID: 2dgrs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
|Job Category||Full-Time, Permanent|