- City Road, London EC1Y 1AT, UK
- GBP 26,000.00 to GBP 29,000.00
- Management & Operations role within the Media industry
WHO ARE WE?
The live streaming company is the global leader in premium video streaming distribution for live and on-demand content across the entertainment and sports industries. With complete and cutting-edge video streaming offerings, they enable their clients to deliver their content in the highest quality on any device with the industry’s deepest feature set. As a trusted partner to the world’s largest brands including the NBA, NFL, WWE, UFC, BT Sport, Rogers, Univision, EFL and others, they fundamentally understand both the value of their clients’ content and the most effective ways to deliver best-in-class innovations to the viewer experience.
The company brings a unique combination of the latest cloud-enabled technologies and years of streaming experience at scale. They specialise in removing technology as a barrier, helping their clients to grow their audience and maximise revenue in the increasingly digital media marketplace.
Working at the company is fast-paced, fun and challenging, defined by an intense focus on innovation. They work harder and smarter than anyone else, because they are passionate and believe in the products and services they offer. As part of their network, they also offer a host of integration opportunities with their broad range of businesses, as well as social impact programs and other culture-building initiatives.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
They are looking for a full-time Level 2 Support Specialist to join their L2 Support group. The team provides support across a range of issues from live events to platform configuration. Due to the nature of our business being 24/7/365, there will be varied working hours, including weekends and bank holidays.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Work through internal/external streaming, VOD and general queries effectively.
Provide fast and accurate diagnosis of escalated video and audio issues
Provide guidance on technical issues experienced by clients and internal stake holders
Document our runbooks for LION and DICE production services and associated processes.
Assist with issues on clients LIVE and VOD content
Taking down illegal streams reported internally or externally
Assist in keeping high overall uptime of streaming equipment and linear channels in AMER, EMEA and APAC
Identify and implement remedial actions post incidents including relaying status updates to wider internal stakeholders. Identify and escalate possible code issues across all supported platforms
Assist with testing and training during client onboarding
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of streaming of OTT video and audio delivery including codecs, frame rate, bitrate, and resolution settings Understanding of content ingestion workflows and CMS
- Experience with web technology, database, computer networking a plus
- Good knowledge of APIs and how they work
- Knowledge of CDN (Content delivery network)
- Problem determination and analytical skills critical to success
- Time management and high attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in a clear and easy to understand manner.
THIS ROLE SUITS YOU
If you are eager to learn
Proactive in your working environment
Able to juggle multiple tasks at any one time
Able to explain technical concepts in a clear and easy to understand manner. Passionate about online Digital media
- How many years of Knowledge of streaming of OTT video and audio delivery experience do you have?
- How many years of codecs, frame rate, bitrate, and resolution settings experience do you have?
- How many years of Understanding of content ingestion workflows and CMS experience do you have?
- How many years of Web technology, database, computer networking a plus experience do you have?
- How many years of Good knowledge of APIs and how they work experience do you have?
- How many years of Knowledge of CDN (Content delivery network) experience do you have?
- How many years of LIVE and VOD content experience do you have?
- Are you in London, Greater London?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: legal to work in the UK?
- Do you speak Proficient English (Must)?
- Which shifts are you available to work?